As any sailor will tell you, exposure to UV rays is often extreme when you're out on the water and a wide-brimmed sun hat is an important part of your personal boating kit. It also reduces glare, helping you keep an effective lookout.
Not just any hat, though you need one that's designed to stay on your head in gusty winds, with plenty of all-round shade and without a floppy brim that flaps annoyingly in a fresh breeze.
An easily adjustable retention cord is also essential, and it's wise to choose one that's made from a water-repellent, quick-drying fabric with built-in UPF-50 sun protection.
A new design that's strongly informed by our own long experience of sailing, the Genoa sun hat ticks all of these boxes and more.
- Lightweight, 100% Nylon material
- Quick drying and water repellent
- Shields from harmful sun rays with UPF 50 protective finish
- Retention cord fitted to keep headwear secure
How to measure your head for the best fit:
1. Place a measuring tape around your head at mid-forehead and just above your ears.
2. Measure in centimetres and check your size on the chart