Innovation for a greener future. The Amigo AmECO 12 Plus Turnout, Horseware Ireland’s first turnout made from post consumer recycled plastic bottles.
This so called rPET material is a unique feat of engineering and its properties with regards to strength and durability are fully comparable to standard polyester.
Every fabric element of this turnout is created from rPET polyester yarn including the 1200D outer, the inner lining, the fiberfill, the webbing and the binding.
Engineered from an environmentally conscious design perspective the Amigo AmECO 12 Plus boasts the fit, features, and performance of Horseware Ireland’s Amigo Bravo range:
- Lite 0g rPET fibrefill - for superior breathability. Allows moisture to escape keeping your horse dry and comfortable.
- 1200D rPET Polyester outer - which is waterproof and breathable
- Smooth rPET lining to avoid rubbing and promoting a healthy coat
- Lightweight, patented Disc front closure with Surefit Neck Design to avoid rubbing. It is light, safe, and easy to use. Horseware's Disc Front Closure incorporates Horseware's four V-Front closure points in a lighter, more flexible design.
- Detachable hood included for versatility. Allows you the flexibility to remove the hood.
- Dual Leg Arches for freedom of movement and maximum belly coverage. Unique patented design maintains freedom of movement while allowing the rug to stay secure under the belly additional protection.
- 3 cross surcingles for a secure fit. Gives rugs a secure fit around the belly area. The Horseware unique Safety Clip System breaks in the event of an emergency.
- Liner loops making this style compatible with the Horseware Liner system for versatility. Detachable liners in a variety of weights allow you to easily change your rug's weight depending on the weather.
- Machine washable and easy to clean.
- Reflective strips for increased visibility.
- Tail flap - Tail strap to keep the rug in place.Wipe Clean Tail Cord - Made up of 3 straps which in an emergency will break away at one end whilst staying attached at the other.
- Waterproof - Keeps your horse dry against the elements. Waterproof to 3000mm.
How to fit your Horseware Rug - Using a soft measuring tape, measure from (A) at the center point of the chest, across the point of the shoulder, and to the point (B) at the center of the tail. When you have the measurement, remove 10cm (4 inches) and choose your horse’s size from the table below.
Bear in mind that every horse is different and that this table is a guide only. We have many different styles to suit all shapes and sizes.
Measurements from A to B
Measurementes from C to D
To learn more about How to fit your Horse Blanket click here.