Study the form and get your glad rags ready for the Red Mills ‘Ready For Racing’ Style Event taking place from the 12th to the 14th of June, to celebrate the return of racing at the Curragh. With a total prize fund worth €4,000 and a top prize including a Staycation Package at the Gorgeous Lyrath Estate in Kilkenny, proceeds from the event will go towards the Irish Injured Jockeys Fund.
From the 8th of June, racing in Ireland recommences behind closed doors, and with RTE expanding their live coverage of racing fixtures, the ‘Ready For Racing’ event is the perfect opportunity for all the family to get dressed up and watch some great sporting fixtures.
There are 10 categories in total including the overall winner, who will walk away with prizes worth over €2000 including a Two Night Staycation Package for 2 adults at the fabulous Lyrath Estate in Kilkenny - with Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner & choice of activities such as Falconry or Archery from a daily programme. Also included is a 50 minute spa treatment each to enjoy at Oasis Spa.
Top Stylists Marietta Doran and Emily O’Donnell will be judging all of the style over the course of the weekend, and categories will include the traditional Best Dressed Lady, Best Dressed Gent, but there’ll also be some more inclusive categories like ‘Most Dapper Dog’ and ‘Best Headwear’ so even if you don’t go for the full rig-out, you can still join in the fun!
How to Enter
1. To register for entry, first submit your donation of €4 per category to the event fundraising page by clicking on the DONATE button below. All of the proceeds for this event are going to the Irish Injured Jockeys Fund.
2. During the course of the competition - from 12pm on Friday 12th June until 7pm on Sunday 14th June - post a picture of your entry to social media with the name of the category you wish to enter & tag our 2 judges & Red Mills.
International entries are welcome!
1. The Overall Best Dressed Winner will receive a total prize worth €2,000 and consisting of:
- A Two Night Staycation Package worth €1,000 for 2 adults at the fabulous Lyrath Estate in Kilkenny - with Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner & choice of activities such as Falconry or Archery from a daily programme. Also included is a 50 minute spa treatment each to enjoy at Oasis Spa.
- PLUS a stunning custom headpiece from Alison Roe Millinery worth €165
3. Best dressed Gent - Winner will receive a weekend away at Mount Juliet Resort in Kilkenny, including a round of Golf
7. Best Make-Up - €100 voucher for Lady Lorna Emporium in Kilkenny
8. Best Hair - Sponsored by Valley of Roses. Winner will receive a gift box containing a large size signature made perfume in a french style vintage bottle, plus a hangbag size version of the same scent.
9. Most Stylish Kid - Winner will receive a €100 voucher for Smyth's Toys with thanks to Jennifer's Hat Emporium who are also offering FREE hat hire for this even!
Many thanks to all of our Event Sponsors for their generosity and helping us to come up with some really exciting and much coveted prizes for each of the categories: